In June, Adobe announced the 2015 release of Creative Cloud and revealed CreativeSync, which intelligently connects your desktop and mobile apps with the assets you use every day. Today at Adobe MAX in LA, we’re continuing to push connected creativity forward by delivering even more Adobe magic in new mobile apps and the Creative Cloud desktop apps.
Design on the Go with New Mobile Apps
Photoshop Fix lets you retouch and restore images right on your phone or tablet. Popular Photoshop desktop app features, like the Healing Brush and Liquify, are easy to use with the touch interface, so you can now do real retouching work right on your iPad and iPhone.
Adobe Capture CC makes it even easier for you to use your mobile devices to capture what inspires you and quickly create a brush, shape, or color theme for professional work. The new Adobe Capture CC brings Adobe Brush, Adobe Shape, Adobe Color and Adobe Hue into a single, powerful, simple-to-use app.
In addition, we’ve updated other essential connected Creative Cloud mobile apps, including Photoshop Mix, Photoshop Sketch, Illustrator Draw, Comp CC and Premiere Clip. Click the links above to see all the newest features.
Touch and More Coming to CC Desktop Tools
Since Adobe MAX last year, we’ve been optimizing our tools to make it more natural for you to design with gestures on Windows touch devices. Today, we’re announcing brand new Touch Workspaces in our most popular Creative Cloud desktop apps. InDesign users will be able to create layouts with the Touch Workspace. In the video apps, you will scrub clips, drag and drop them into the Timeline, navigate between panels in a group and more – all through touch gestures. And in Photoshop, we’ve refined the touch experience so you can perform many of common tasks more quickly.
New for Graphic Designers
- The next update to Photoshop CC will be tightly integrated with the brand newAdobe Fuse CC (Preview). Fuse lets you create realistic 3D models, easily insert the 3D model into a scene in Photoshop CC with the power of CreativeSync, apply poses and animations, and adjust camera angles and lighting. Fuse is also a fast and flexible new way to create stunning 2D image compositions with 3D-like depth.
- The new Shaper tool in Illustrator CC gives you the functionality of 12 different tools and panels in a single tool. Draw basic shapes like circles, squares, and polygons, and the Shaper tool quickly and intuitive creates perfect geometric shapes for you. Plus, these will be Live Shapes so they are nondestructive and easily editable.
- InDesign CC will update Publish Online, allowing you to embed a document directly in a website.
New for UX & web
- Artboards improvements in Photoshop CC include guides for precise placement of elements, easier visualization of layers and the ability to customize the look and feel of your documents. The Photoshop CC release will also deliver the first version of Design Space, a modern design experience, inside Photoshop CC, streamlined for the requirements of web, UX and mobile app designers.
- Project Comet is a brand new Creative Cloud app currently under development, aimed at designing and prototyping web and mobile user experiences. We welcome you to be a part of the development process – sign up for the technology preview now.
- Web designers will love the new 64-bit version of Dreamweaver CC. We’ve added responsive design capabilities using new visual aids and the latest Bootstrap framework.
- Muse CC adds free-form responsive design to easily create custom websites that dynamically scale to any size screen, browser or device, without having to code or use restrictive templates.
- Flash Pro CC has been adding support for HTML5 and today we announced the ability to publish animations to multiple platforms including HTML5 Canvas, WebGL or even custom platforms – and with this release we are adding support for 4K video formats.
New for Video
We also have an incredible amount of Adobe Magic that’s going into our video products which we previewed recently at IBC. Having set the standard for the best native file format support in the industry, we announced that:
- Premiere Pro CC ushers in the new era of UltraHD via comprehensive native format support for editing beautiful 4K-to-8k footage, and advances color, with support for High Dynamic Range (HDR) workflows in Premiere Pro CC.
- After Effects CC now has the powerful and accessible color tools and color workspace that Premiere Pro has.
- Audition CC introduces Remix, a new audio feature that automatically rearranges music to any duration while maintaining the aural integrity and structure of the piece.
We’re deepening our Adobe Stock integration into our CC desktop apps so you can easily search for and browse assets directly from Creative Cloud Libraries. For customers who have an Adobe Stock subscription, stock content can also be directly licensed from within the CC apps for use in projects, saving time and effort. We’re also adding video to Adobe Stock, which can be used for corporate videos or commercial use in advertising, television shows, websites, and more. Additionally, Adobe Stock has new features just for businesses, offering pooled licenses at no extra cost to Creative Cloud for Team customers, as well as Extended Licenses for usage of stock content in large print runs.
Millions of high-quality images, curated by Adobe.
Search 40 million royalty-free, high-quality photos, illustrations, and graphics. Pay per image or choose a subscription.
Find the perfect photo or graphic to jump-start your next project and make it amazing. Purchase, access and manage your images directly from Photoshop CC, Illustrator CC, InDesign CC and other Adobe CC desktop apps.
Introducing Adobe Portfolio
Finally, today we are introducing Adobe Portfolio, a new service that lets you create a fully customized, responsive portfolio of work on your own domain – without having to write a line of code. Available soon, Portfolio be included as part of all Adobe Creative Cloud plans. Portfolio is built on Behance, which means you can sync your Adobe Portfolio to your Behance Projects pages with a click, giving you even more opportunities to get your work discovered in the world’s largest creative social network.
Build a website in minutes with Adobe Portfolio.
When your creative work is your life’s work, nothing is more important than having a beautiful portfolio website. With Portfolio – which comes free with any Adobe Creative Cloud plan – you can quickly and simply build a website to showcase your creative work, so you can get back to doing what you do best.
More Ways to Transform Your Photos with Photoshop Magic
We are also adding a lot of innovation to Creative Cloud Photography. We’re bringing even more Photoshop magic to Lightroom CC across desktop, web and mobile. We’ve added the ability to apply Dehaze more precisely, so you can control in the image exactly where you want to decrease or increase atmospheric haze.
Photoshop CC has several Adobe Camera Raw updates, including the addition of Dehaze as a local adjustment. We’ve also updated the way Zoom works so it is now easier and more intuitive to move around your image when zoomed in. Read the Photoshop Blog for more.
With this release we have made significant improvements in making the on-boarding to Creative Cloud photography easy and accessible to a broader photography hobbyist market. The new Import tool automatically identifies photos from your camera card, hard-drive, Photoshop Elements, Aperture and other sources, and easily imports them into Lightroom. Plus with this release of Lightroom mobile you can take photos and apply Dehaze and other Photoshop magic as you capture the moment. These are just a few of the new features, read all about them on the lightroom blog.
All of the new apps and technologies in Creative Cloud continue to deliver on our promise to drive innovation in the apps and services you use to do your best work. We can’t wait to see what you create next.